Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Stand Around


And there came tither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead.  Howbeith, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city...

One of my favorite thoughts from yesterday’s class deals with the priesthood and more specifically Priesthood Blessings.  What a matchless gift the Priesthood is.  There have been so many times in my life that spiritually, physically, or mentally I have felt stoned--beaten beyond natural recognition.  However, it is always in those times that someone in life is there to offer a profound hand.  Through blessing my soul and mind have comforted, healed and made whole.  The power of the priesthood is real and all encompassing.

I have also had the blessing of being on the giving end or the instrument end of powerful priesthood blessings.  There are many instances throughout my life in which i have witnesses the power of God--His priesthood is real and the day of miracles has far from ceased. 

Over the break we had a family nightmare and through the priesthood a tender mercy.  I'm so grateful for the Priesthood and the matchless power that it is and for the great peace that it brings. 

I testify of the refining, spiritual, comforting, strengthening, and restraining influence the priesthood has had in my life. I have lived under its spiritual influence all my life—in my grandfather’s home, in my father’s home, and then in my own home. It is humbling to use the transcending power and authority of the priesthood to empower others and to heal and bless. May we live worthy of holding the priesthood authority to act in the name of God, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
~PRESIDENT JAMES E. FAUST

No comments:

Post a Comment