Monday, November 14, 2011

Washing of the Apostles' Feet

How often are we like Peter?  As I went to my New Testament class today, this was one thought that really impressed me about the Savior's Apostle Peter.  How often do I turn from the Savior when he attempts to clean the blackest part of me?

Why do I turn?
Is it because He is so clean and so pure that I feel my dark sins are past His help, in that He will not clean them because I have gone too far?
Is it because I don't feel I need Him to clean them, there is a appointed time, He can't clean them now, it will done later at night when I’m home, but not now.
Is it because I feel embarrassed for Him to help me I such a way?
Is it because I’m comfortable right now, I don't feel that I need to be washed?

In all these cases I think I have been there at one time or another, I think all of has.  I love this thought that one has to let the Savior do the dirty work.  Let Him!  We all are unclean and are in need of his help and I think like Peter when we get a true glimpse of what He will and is going to do for us, we'd shout also...wash my head and body also.  O how sweet and glorious the Gospel is, the more I learn about the Savior the more I love Him, the more I trust Him.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment