Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just What You Deserve

Have you even been blamed for something that you didn't do?  I think this is one of the most infuriating circumstances to me!  You can hang me out to dry for the crimes i commit but accuse me of something i didn't do and i'll fight you to my dying breath.

Now, have you ever been accused of something that you did do?  These are the moments were i discover i have messed up, they are the moments were the consequences come into focus as though they were blurred before. The blood seems to sink to my toes, my heart pounds, and ever mussel goes weak.  I will never deny something that i have done wrong but in these moments i would give anything to change the past and avoid the consequences.  I feel like i'm standing in front of a firing line.  The strong reality is in one way or another and directly i stand condemned before the Lord.  In some way i have messed up.  "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one"  (Romans 3:12).

In very real way the consequence for these short comings is death.  "For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness...for the end of those things is death" (6:20).  There is no more horrible feeling!  I will confess that God is just and this is the end that i deserve.

However, this is not the end to the law.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is "Good News," news that the law will be satisfied but by the blood of the lamb.  Our Father offered His only son to by me back from the death, justice, and hell that i so richly deserved.  Christ who was perfect with out sin, willingly stepped into my place and offered me His.  "...we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Corinthians 5:20).  This is a price that He has already so willingly paid.

Have you ever had someone wave a consequence that you so richly deserved?  How does it feel to know Christ has waved the eternal consequences for all of your sins?

It bring me peace, hope, joy, strength, and an admiration for Christ and my Heavenly Father--this is why i will sing their praises forever.  For all they have so willingly done for me!  God be thanked for the matchless gift of His son.  He has showed me mercy--He has not given me what i so rightly deserve.  He has given me strength, joy, peace in this world, and the promise of eternal life in the world to come--He has given me that which i don't deserve.

All He asks is for us to faith in Him, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Roman 1:16).

And to follow Him, "For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified" (2:13).

What peace the Gospel brings!  By the power of the Holy Ghost i solemnly proclaim that Jesus Christ is God's only begotten son, He is the Jehovah of Old Testament and the Messiah of the New, He is my Savior and yours, and He lives!  He has paid the ultimate price and has complete power to fulfill all that He has promised.  He can and will make us clean when we repent and follow Him--this I know.  He stands between me and what i so rightly deserve--this passes all my understanding--yet by God i know and have felt this truth...and the relief and peace that comes from His Gospel i cannot do with out.   In the His sacred name i bear this witness, even Jesus Chris, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment