Monday, October 17, 2011

Upon this Rock



Matt16: 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon thisarock I will build my bchurch; and the gates of chell shall notdprevail against it.






I loved the simple truth that the gospel and specifically the church of Jesus Christ is built on the foundation of Revelation. The greatest truth to me and most often the most looked over is my ability to talk directly to my Heavenly Father. But talking to God however is not as grand as the ability to hear His voice in return. The miracle of revelation, of the power and gift of the Holy Ghost and of Sacred Houses of Prayer.

I had been having a really hard time, school and all of its demands have be become taskmasters with burdens and requests to hard to bear. In addition to school the world has also made it claim on my debt and requires it due, as i have been scheduled for interviews for work and dreams. In all of this i can assure anyone i have felt like the dust of the earth! How horrifying it is to realize my dreams are in the hands of other men!



Then in this moment of shear despair and gloom, prayers were answer with pleas to go to the temple and hear the voice of the Lord there! I did go despite all hell, the line in which i waited seemed like it would take an eternity and yet as i sat in sorrowing prayer, in the storm of the century, peace was given, revelation received and council was given! As i have continued the week those feeling i remember and professors have been scheduled for students that don't attend and i get there spot, just when needed, home evening lessons were given with the words that i needed to hear, and a kind word given in a moment of despair . God hears and ANSWERS prayers of this i know. I pray that i will ever be mindful of this true doctrine and principle and that i will be for fervent and sincere in my prayers, may God bless you, In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment