Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Miracle of Forgiveness

The Miracle!

Mark 2
And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was ain the house.
 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he apreached the word unto them.
 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was aborne of four.
 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.
 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be aforgiven thee.
We know what happens next... this man thus speak blasphemies? ...Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
I love this idea...how oft we tend to look at this story and say to ourselves, the miracle is coming... and hold our breaths till the Master speaks His words...I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.
However, i loved the idea, "Guys the miracle has already happened, did you miss it!?"  What is the real miracle? 

Thy sins be forgiven thee.

The wonderful Miracle of forgiveness! I have messed up, i have fallen short, i have hurt other people, we all have, not one is perfect.  Yet here were i stand i would hold the full judgement of law, the full punishment against those who trespass me, for they have done me wrong, but He take me, a sinner, wrong, unprofitable, and broken -- and make me clean, justifies, concentrates, and makes whole.  --Hear the words my son thy sins be forgiven thee, thy faith hath made thee whole.  I truly know not how this miracle is done! His love and kindness pass all my understanding, and if i could not have the testimony of the scriptures and the spirit i could never believe it.  But He Lives, the spirit whispers so!  And His power to heal and cleanse is real and in effect today if we will but ask and exercise faith in His word--follow His Gospel.  What peace it brings to know there is a way back, and that there will always be a way back.  Truly He does carry us!  How this knowledge increases my love for the Savior and His Atonement and how it gives me strength to do better, be better, and serve Him.  May we ever follow His way, take His yoke upon us, and keep His commandments is my prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment