Saturday, March 24, 2012

Final: How is a Tongue like a Horse


 3 Behold, we put bits in the horses’ mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
 4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
 5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
 7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
 8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
 9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
 10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
 11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
B.
The book of James is thought to be written by the Lord’s brother.  This block is thought to be written in Jerusalem and to be addressed to the 12 tribes of Israel.
This block means that our words in many ways have a way of leading and guiding our actions.  That if we talk about something we will think that way and act that way.  We will begin to be our words.  His point is that this is for better or for worse. 
 Even so the tongue is a little(small or little of rank or influence) member, and boasteth great things . Behold , how great amatter a little(small of degree or intendsity) fire kindleth !
C.
Principle: For as a man thinketh so is he: or as he sayeth.
                IF we bridle our tongues THEN we will become more like Christ.
                Christ:   so He openeth not His mouth.
                                He suffereth it.
                Mom:    I love nasty people, they make my day.
D.
Application: Next time motivated to say something naughty simply say “I love it” and say something nice.
                Testimony: A change of semester, strip of pride, I’m not entitled.



4a) The truth that my words can change my entire direction.  Because I found myself murmuring about situations in school and in my life and found that my goal became finding what was wrong with them.  I learned that it takes a lot more work to be negative than it does to be positive and just look for ways to succeed.

4b) I have started to speak only positive things and to stop murmuring.  This has changed everything that I say to my friends, family, teachers, and to the Lord.  It has brought good thoughts, thoughts of grace, hope, faith and love.  It has brought inspiration on how to accomplish the difficult things that are asked of me.  It has brought peace hope and light into my being.  It has made me a better person, friend, and son.

4c) You bet!  As with all things that the Lord asks us to do, they always make us happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment