Sunday, April 1, 2012

Final Report

S-Specific ~ What was your project? Be specific. Report any changes you made in your project here.

My project over the course of the semester began as a more intense version of my semester long project last semester. My project was to go out of my way to get to know and meet new people. As I met this requirement I would write about the people that I met on blog. This would create a way to both share my experiences as well as create a way to measure my success.

I followed this patter through the first several weeks of the semester. However my schedule soon changed, I become super committed to my classes and time to visit was cut short by the rigorous schedule I was asked to keep. So my project changed. It became a more in depth version of personal study and discussion. So I began to spend more and more time on my blog posts, they turned into small personal devotionals. My project then became to write small devotionals for every class week and to share them with others. These post became such an enlightening force in life I began to share them with others and to share my insights. This became my project. Write a small devotional each week and share it.

M-Measurable ~ How did you measure your progress? What did you accomplish with your project?

The way that I measured my progress on this project was by watching my blog. My blog ensured that I could record each week a new devotional thought. Then blogger analytics allowed me to see the number of views that my blog received. This helped me see how many were actually following my prompts and viewing my devotional thoughts.

With my project I put together a visually attractive and inviting blog. I created a record to share with others and to use worldwide to share the Gospel with others. I also shared thoughts from my blog with classes, friends, and ward members.

A-Applicability ~ How applicable and relevant was your project to this phase of your life?

For me it became a tender mercy. There were so many hard and horrible things in my life this semester and almost every post is an answer to a prayer. A moment when while in class or in the scriptures I was able to receive and answer to a prayer. This blog gave me a place to record these tender moments, a place to develop them a study them further, a place to then share my testimony on what I had learned and feel the spirit bear testimony to me that what had learned was true. All in all, it helped me change and become a better person. It really became an answer to a prayer.

R-Rigor ~ How much did this project push you above and beyond what you normally do? This is where you measure the degree of difficulty for your project.

Usually when I learn something or receive a tender mercy, I am really grateful and thank the Lord but that is about it. This pushed me to find relevant scriptures that supposed the impression and then to develop them further into a devotional like thought. It then drove me to seek and express my testimony on the thoughts and impression that I received. This really drove the thought an impressions home. It them help me apply these new lessons in my life and to continue to write about them as I strove to implement them. It also pushed me to share these thoughts and ideas with others with the culmination being that of my CS312 class.

This wasn’t inherently difficult but it required and or gave me a venue to more fully apply the principles that I learned in a way a manner that I would not have otherwise.

T-Time ~ How much time did you spend on this project each week and how many weeks did you consistently work on it?

There was no week that I did not spend at least an hour working on my blog and writing messages on it. Part of this included sharing these thoughts with others. As invited other to read my blog and to post on it if they wished, I had no one post on my blog but I had over 90 reads of blog this semester. Part of this included sharing one of my post with my CS class as a spiritual thought and then emailing it to everyone because they like it. It was really neat to spend time sharing these thoughts with others.

In following my project I would invite you to visit it and read one post!
http://chris-clm-oym.blogspot.com/

S-Scripture tie-in ~ How did your project tie in with the New Testament?

Everything that the Savior did was motivated by Love. His Gospel and ministry and His direction through His Prophets and Apostles has always been about the individual, about people. ‘Love the Lord thy God with all thy Heart’, ‘Love thy neighbor as thyself.’ Everything is about people, ‘feed my sheep.’ This project was to learn more fully about the Saviors love through study, thought, and sharing it with others. By sharing it with others I was in a small way following the council of Paul to have charity, and the Savior’s teaching to feed His sheep. This also follows the apostles example in not fearing to share thought the world tells you to be silent: “threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name. And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment